No one likes an uncontrolled dog. Please keep your dog close to you
(within 15 feet) and under reliable physical or voice control at all
- Respect trail and area closures.
- Remember dogs are not always compatible with other trail users, i.e.,
horses, bikers, skiers, ect, respect their rights to use the area.
- Control dogs aggressive behavior towards other parties or animals.
- Prevent dog fights.
Dog excrement has no place on Summer or Winter Trails. Please remove it
to a sanitary location.
Remember Your Dog
- Dogs, like humans, can become dehydrated. Make sure your dog gets
water during daylong outings.
- Winter provides difficult conditions for dogs and bringing them is
- Snow travel can exhaust a dog that is not used to it.
-Snow packed between the pads of the dog's paws can cause pain or
Pacific Northwest Region
Deschutes National Forest